Wasp Synthesizer Demo
WASP synthesizer (Electronic Dream Plant ) demo – recording WASP synth sample library
Its designer, Chris Hugget, also designed the Oxford Synthesizer Company’s venerable OSCar Synthesizer. The Wasp has been used by 808 State, Dave Holmes, Vince Clarke, Nick Rhodes (Duran Duran), WhiteHouse and Add N to (X).
- Polyphony – Monophonic
- Oscillators – 2 DCOs, switchable between ramp, pulse width (osc 1), square (osc 2), and one white noise generator
- LFO – 1 LFO with sine, ramp, sawtooth, square waveforms + noise to modulate the VCO or VCF; sample-and-hold
- Filter – 24dB/oct Hi-pass, low-pass, band-pass, plus dedicated envelope controls switchable between 12 dB/oct lowpass, highpass, and 6 dB/oct bandpass
- Arpeg/Seq – None
- Keyboard – 25 capacitive non-moving touch keys (or 37 standard keys on Deluxe model)
- Memory – None
- Control – EDP-Link IN/OUT (proprietary digital sockets). MIDI retrofits and some MIDI-CV converters are able to provide control.
- Date Produced – 1978 – 1981
Vespine comes packed with a variety of programs that fully exhibit the characteristic sound of the Electric Dream Plant’s Wasp synthesizer.
• Close to 600 hi quality 24-bit multi-samples
• Programmed with modern sampler features for voice layering & polyphony variations
• Includes over 30 expertly designed rack instruments
• Custom KSP Kontakt interface and easy-edit controls
• Logic / EXS channel strips with integrated instrument browsing
• Requires Ableton Live 8.2 and higher, Logic 8 and higher, or Kontakt 3.5 and higher
• 600 Megabytes (MB) of free hard disk space